Friday, February 24, 2012

Life could be Grand...

For years whenever anyone asked what my pet peeve was I was quick to respond food sounds. I HATE chewing sounds, talking with mouth full, slurping... blech, all of it. I just hate it. But over the past few months I have realized that I have been wrong for years. Gross food sounds and bad manners might be my one true hate but my actual pet peeve are repetitive things. Let me explain- I hate doing things just to have to do them again in a few hours, or tomorrow, or even a few days. I can handle every week- that is fine but more often than that I get so annoyed. In case that is still confusing let me list some things- (disclaimer- I still do these things, they just really irk me)
- laundry
- dishes
- making bed
- getting dressed
- showering
- cleaning up baby toys
- pulling Mikey away from cords that are just not good baby toys
- changing diapers

- washing bottles
- making bottles
- homework
- going to class
- driving-- oh driving might be the worst... so repetitive

Unfortunately, life is made up of these things. All day everyday I do these things and no joke, the only thing that makes it better are Jake and Mikey. I mean really-



how wonderful does this look- how could all of those stupid annoying things I do be any less than wonderful when I do them for my boys. Instead of laundry, I need to think clothes to make Mikey look so cute, instead of changing diapers I need to realize that I am making him more comfortable. Instead of driving, I need to think this means that I get to see Jake soon and we get to spend time as a family. I need to think that instead of cleaning one more time, I am making my house more conducive to the spirit.
Sigh, if I only I could think that every day all day. Then wouldn't life be grand?

1 comment:

  1. I love your thoughts and totally agree with them. Love does make the world go round!,

    ReplyDelete