Friday, July 17, 2015

Summer Goals

Well this summer I decided to set summer goals so I didn't just waste it away.
Goal #1: potty train Adam. Yeah, I've pretty much given up on this. He hates it. Actually hates it. He screams, kicks, yells no over and over every time I try to our him on the toilet. You know what's nut so cool? A thirty five plus pound baby kicking a pregnant belly. Yeah, not so good. Also he won't tell us when he has to pee. He tells us after but not in tube to sit on the toilet. Uncool.  I'm debating on trying to train Natalie so I can have only two kids in diapers come September but who knows.

Goal#2: mop my kitchen. Okay don't judge but I suck at mopping. I spot mop but that's it. By the time the kitchen is clean enough to mop, I can't do it.  Literally can not. I'm too tired. But! Today I mopped. My friend Heather mentioned to me that she uses a steam mop so I bought one and it's great! Clean kitchen floor, check.

Goal #3: teach Adam his letters. So far it's going okay. He can sing the alphabet song but he is actually the most stubborn person I've ever met in my entire life. You cannot convince this kid to do something he doesn't want to do. Like practice his letters. Or sing the song. He does know A, B, C, D, I, L, M, X, and Z. Not bad I think.

Goal #4: teach Mikey the first four articles of faith. In preschool he learned the pledge of allegiance and I was listening to him recite it and I thought about how I was working with my then primary class to learn the articles of faith and I realized there is no reason Mikey couldn't learn those too. So we started a month ago and he knows 1, 2, part of 3, and part of 7. Adam also knows the first one. :) I'm very proud.

Those are my goals. And now here are some pictures, not related to my goals at all. Just because I like my kids and pictures.









No comments:

Post a Comment