Thursday, May 19, 2011

Curried Salmon Steaks

So for the past while Jake has been suggesting salmon for dinner but I just haven't felt like making it because it smells pretty strong and I don't handle that as well as I used to. But! I don't work on thursdays so I thought I would surprise him and make curried salmon.

I found a recipe on one of my favorite websites- www.cooks.com I seriously can spend hours on it looking at all these random recipes. Anyways, I luckily had all the ingredients and so I gave it a shot. I served it over rice with a green bean/broccoli/red pepper veggie mix thing that Shelly gave to us when she moved and I think over all, it was pleasing- at least to look at. :D


Curried Salmon Steaks


3/4c. finely chopped onions

8 tbsp. butter

6 salmon steaks

flour

salt and pepper

curry powder

1c. sour cream


In a large skillet, saute onions in 4 tablespoons of the butter until transparent. Remove onions and set aside. Melt remaining butter in skillet. Sprinkle salmon steaks with flour, salt, pepper, and a generous amount of curry powder (use less if you prefer a milder flavor... I used what I thought was a generous amount and I probably should've doubled or tripled that amount). Saute steaks, turning once until they break at the touch of a fork. Remove to a warm serving platter.

Return onions to skillet. Add 1 tablespoon curry powder and mix well. Gradually stir in the sour cream. Heat sauce but do not allow to boil. Pour over steaks and serve immediately.

Mostly I just wanted to post this picture because I think it looks nice, haha. But it is a good recipe and its seriously easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment