Monday, January 13, 2014

I never know what to title my posts...

Well folks, it's January 13. My due date is January 27. Wanna know something strange? I am terrified. Not for labor. At the risk of sounding obnoxious, I am pretty good at that part. (as long as nothing goes wrong) But truly, I am so scared to have three kids. The majority of people I talk to say that three is the breaking point. (obviously not truly breaking because people have more kids but still) I don't want to break. I'm not going to lie. I am pretty lucky though because even though my family doesn't live near, Jake has some siblings that are willing to help out, my dad and stepmom are coming to visit soon and Jake's mom is coming probably next month so we'll do all right. But still scary. Words of encouragement and "three is great" would be appreciated.

So instead of focusing on that silly scary stuff I am going to do an update.

Jake- this week there is an Angular Conference in SLC that he gets to go to because work bought him tickets. When he first mentioned it, I said "maybe we could buy you tickets if work won't do it" He was pretty excited, looked it up- and yeah, they were like upwards of $800. That was not going to happen. I love when he tells people that he is going to an Angular Conference because everyone goes, Oh what's that and he says it's a Web front end frame work. (it's possible those words aren't in the right order.. stuff happens) And the confused looks keep on coming, so he says It'll help build websites. I don't understand why he doesn't just start with that. Silly dude. He is really hoping the baby doesn't come before the conference because he has been looking forward to this for three months or so. I am hoping it doesn't too, but just for him. For me, she could come right now.

Me- Just slowly checking things off my list before Baby Girl is born and trying desperately to keep up with my two little kiddos. I just got called as Visiting Teaching supervisor so wish me luck. I am not terribly social and I hate using the phone-- when I know where it is-- so here is to stretching and getting out of my comfort zone. My knee is still causing me problems but I am hoping that after the baby comes and with the medicine they put me on, it'll start to feel better. At church people keep asking me what's wrong and I didn't realize my limp was that bad. Jake says I look like a pirate with a peg leg. I married a good man haha.

Mikey- He is doing great. Growing and such. 27 pounds and 36 inches tall. I am not sure where he keeps it all but that is what the scale reads. Lately, he is obsessed with meat and will eat everything on his plate as long as every other bite consists of meat. He is funny with that because two or three weeks ago, it was pasta and before that it was potatoes. If the cycle continues like it has in the past, in the next week or so he'll be all about fruit.  He is also obsessed with Power Rangers Samurai which is awful. I loved Power Rangers when I was a kid (no shame) and this new PR, which is about 20 years newer probably has worse special effects and acting then Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Sad. But he loves it. He mimics a lot of stuff though so we might have to stop with the fighting because if he kicks my belly one more time, so help me. ;) Also, we hear that he is just the cutest during singing time in nursery- he doesn't attempt to sing but he does the actions. We are proud.

Adam- Adam is still a tank. 25 or 26 pounds and about 29 inches tall. And he walks everywhere. But honestly, he looks too big to walk. It's pretty entertaining. He won't wear socks much to my dismay because his feet are always cold, but I think they get in the way of his walking. Even the ones with grips. Silly. He has started to say a few little things like no, Mama, Dada, and... I think that is it. Dada is always nice and sweet and Mama sounds awful. Like the end of the world hit and the only one who can save it is me, but only with ample encouragement from a screaming one year old.

Baby Girl- coming soon! Excited but scared. You know. Are you ready for the big name reveal? Jake reserves the right to change his mind but honestly, I can't imagine he will. This baby has been so hard for us to pick a name for. It turns out we don't love girl's names. We have gone through about 4 names but they never seemed quite right so a few weeks ago, we found a list online and wrote down every name that neither of us hated. We ended up with 5- Natalie, Paige, Rylee, Skylee, and Isabell. And we could not narrow it down anymore for the next three or four days. My favorite is Paige, Jake's favorite is Natalie. I didn't want Natalie and Jake didn't want Paige. But then our great friend, Michelle Petersen, suggested Natalie Paige. And ta-da! We named our baby. Natalie Paige Kapilialoha Logan. I am surprised Jake agreed to two middle names because he doesn't like that but we both agreed that we like the way it sounds and we like it better than Paige Kapilialoha or Natalie Kapilialoha so we all win! (we also know that more than 4 names just isn't right for us so this will probably be the longest name we have because at the end of the day, neither of us really wanted 4 anyways) But this name seems right.

Well this is a long post and to end it off I have some pictures. On New Years we spent an hour or so on the internet trying to find something fun to do with the boys because it was Jake's last day off work. We found the Tracy Aviary in SLC. We had never heard of it but it was One Dollar Winter Wednesdays so Jake, Shelly, the boys and I bundled up (well Jake doesn't bundle) and we went and walked around for an hour or so.  It was awesome. We saw some eagles, owls, a few tropical birds and best of all Mikey and Adam loved it. We will definitely be going back, when it is warm.



Jake was a big fan of the Bald Eagle.

So was Mikey. He didn't want to look away.

When we took this picture, we thinking of our Grandmas. Shout out to Grandma Jan and especially Grandma Jude because she loves birds. I know there aren't cardinals but still.

Probably our last family picture of 4!
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment