Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Tiffany

My second favorite things post, this time featuring my friend Tiffany Miller.
I love Tiffany and here are some of the reasons why:

1. She is so kind. She was the first person I met when we moved to Eagle Mountain. She was in the mother's lounge and we chatted for a few minutes before she went back in to sacrament meeting. Every week since then, which had been almost 2 years, she has said hello to me. When you are new to any situation, having someone be consistently kind to you is so wonderful. I told Jake probably 2 or 3 weeks after I met her that I wanted to be friends with her. Glad it has worked out. :D
2. I can call on her when I need help. I'm not so much of an ask for help person. I especially don't like to feel like I'm putting people out. So the fact that I feel like I can call Tiffany is a huge deal.  When Natalie was about  5 months old, she crawled into a chair and cut her forehead. Tiffany was the first person I thought of to call to watch my boys while we went to get her taken care of. Then a month ago, when Adam cut his finger (on a chair again... maybe we should just get rid of all our chairs. I like to sit on the floor anyways.) she walked over to our house to pick up Mikey and Natalie even though she was like 35 or so weeks pregnant. Seriously, how great is she?
3. We did preschool together. I liked doing preschool, most of the time. Some days it was just too much for me and Tiffany was a wonderful friend to let me complain. Plus, it was great to do preschool because it really strengthened friendships.
4. She thinks I'm funny. It's just the best to be around people who like you and think you are funny. And she lets people know when she likes them. It's nice.
5. She notices and cares. This pregnancy has been hard. And I'm not great at hiding my feelings but I also don't wear them on my sleeves. But somehow, Tiffany caught on to the fact that I was struggling and she was amazing. Honestly, I'm not 100% sure how she realized it but when she asked me about it I could tell she cared and it made it so easy to talk to her about it. I didn't feel judged or condemned for struggling and it was refreshing. Sometimes, you feel judged, whether you really are being or not and she didn't make me feel that way. She sent me Facebook messages every day, brought us dinner, watched Mikey for a few hours one day so I could sleep. (keep in mind, she was in the home stretch of her pregnancy at this point. Amazing.) It was wonderful that she just took charge and helped me because, as I mentioned before, I'm not so good at asking for help. It really helped that she cared enough to take time out of her busy life to check in on me. It meant a lot.
6. She doesn't complain. Tiffany truly is someone that I look up to for so many reasons. I tell Jake constantly how I just think the world of her. And one of those reasons is that she just about never complains. That's pretty amazing to me. She has four small kids (yay for your cute new little girl!) and her husband was in the bishopric and is now in the high council and she is a champ. She stays positive and happy, maybe not always bubbly but still happy. (actually, I like that she isn't super bubbly. Makes me feel better about my lack of bubbles haha)  I am not always happy or even have the facade of happiness. So way to go Tiff. I can barely handle Jake being in YM's so imagine how much I must respect Tiffany for handling her husband's calling.

I really just like her a lot. Any of you that know her, know just how amazing she is and I hope you all realize how lucky you are to have her in your life, which I am sure you do. Because, in case I haven't made this clear, she is great. :D

Thanks for being great Tiffany. You are one of the main reasons I am so glad that we moved here. Thanks for being my friend. :)

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment