Sunday, August 10, 2014

Batman Mickey Mouse Party

Well friends. The day has come and gone.. well almost gone. Mikey turned 3. I have been a parent for three years and in case you were wondering, it is still so hard for me. I feel like every day I am trudging through the mud of life and only some days I get to wash off my legs. But those days I do, man oh man am I ever happy about it. And let me tell you, Mikey's third birthday party was one of those days that my legs were clean! I feel like I nailed it. Now, let me tell you all about it.
A few weeks ago, I asked him what he wanted for his party and he tells me he wants a superhero and Mickey Mouse party. Seriously? No, I am not going to do a completely opposite mixed theme birthday party. No way. I kept asking him and he kept saying Superhero and Mickey Mouse, so a week and a half ago, I said how about Batman and Mickey Mouse and he was so excited. So the planning began. I made really cute invitations, if I do say so myself. I found a picture of Mickey Mouse dressed as Batman and used it on the invite. And then I planned everything in red, blue, black, and yellow. 
He also wanted a BBQ with hamburgers and hot dogs so we did that and a bunch of random snacks and a cake and cupcakes (more on that to come)
As for the activites we did a photo booth, coloring books, a candy counter, bubbles, and Pin the Symbol on Batman. 
We got a pretty good turn out. 
AND I AM SO PROUD OF IT! I have terrible luck with parties and this one went so well so I am so glad.

Here are some pictures for better details of the party.





Each of Mikey's little friends that came got a picture taken at the booth with Batman, Mickey Mouse, and Mikey and before they left I printed them off for them to take home. Also, I made capes for each of the kids to wear at the party.





Here is our food table! We had Hot Diggity Dogs, Bat Burgers, Willy's Watermelon, Joker Juice, Poison Ivy Pasta Salad, "Chip"s and Dale's Dip, Pete's Pretzels, Gotham Goldfish, Daisy's Delicious Garden Vegetables, Alfred's Amazing Cake, and Clarabelle's Cupcakes. All of the food had cute little labels that I made, the batman ones had the bat symbol on yellow paper and the Mickey Mouse ones were red with his silhouette on it. It was fun to come up with different names- although to be completely honest, some were from Pinterest.
Also, the back drop was made from three plastic table cloths that we cut and braided. And I really liked the way it looked. And then we taped balloons to the top. Fun.
(the we I am referring to was Hannah, Eliza, Jake, and I- we made a good team)

The birthday boy with his dad and brother! Notice the capes. :D

Mikey's little girlfriend coloring at our coloring station. We bought a bunch of cheap crayons and a coloring book, ripped the pages out and let the kids go to town.
We went to Winco and got a bunch of bulk candy for a candy counter so all the kids got to make their own treat bags. We got Peach-O's, Tootsie Rolls, Gummy Bears, balloons, Gummy Worms, Candy Necklaces, and suckers. I put them in mason jars so it'd be cute and bought cheap gift bags from Walmart.  I think it was a pretty big hit.

Candy Counter and Bubble table

Coloring Table

So as for the cake! I have a friend who makes absolutely gorgeous and incredibly delicious cakes and I normally like to get them from her but I wanted to give it a shot and I am so glad I did. While it wasn't as good or nice looking as Mandy's, it looked pretty good. I forgot to take a picture of it but you can see it in the picture below. I made it in the shape of Mickey Mouse and then put the Batman symbol on it and then his name underneath. We also made a bunch of cupcakes and Hannah helped me decorate them and they turned out really cute. Of course, I don't have pictures of them either. Geez. It's like I was busy or something haha. But I filled the cupcakes with a chocolate almond whipped cream and oh man, it was so good. I recommend doing that. 




 He got so many presents! He was so spoiled. We got him a doctor's bag, a coloring book, some underwear, and a Batman t-shirt with a cape attached to it. He also got a Mickey Mouse helmet, a Cozy Coupe gas pump, a huge coloring pad, a toy smart phone, a car rug thing, a rocket launcher, a few Batman figurines, a Batman hoodie, a Batman shirt, a dancing card, and a toy car. He is so excited about all of them and honestly, I don't think I can pick one that is his favorite. He loves the gas pump. But he also ran around giving everyone check ups with his doctors bag. And this morning he played with the rocket launcher for so long. It was adorable. But honestly, he has played with all of them so much. He is so lucky to have so many friends and family to celebrate with him!


And then here are some pictures that I took of the cake and cupcakes after I realized that we didn't have any. But cute right? I am proud of them. Plus, they tasted good which is really the most important part.


And then today, James and Arianne came for dinner and we had a tempura night and it was delicious. Also, he woke up to a bunch of balloons outside his bedroom. (It's a little tradition I want to start. For each birthday you get a bunch of helium balloons in the morning. I think it'd be so fun) And in nursery, Mikey's class sang to him today and he got some candy or something. I think all in all, his birthday was a great one. I am so glad the party went so well and that Mikey had such great days. 

He is such a lucky kid to have so many friends and family and we are so lucky to have him as our son! We love him so much and man, if you are all lucky, you will get a chance to know him.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment