Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My Littlest Love


Natalie is my littlest love. And do I ever love her. Look at how deceptively peaceful she is here. For the first few months of her life she was awful. Seriously. So cute but just so unhappy. She just didn't seem to like life. Well, we hit a upswing and we're still doing good. 

She is started to eat solid food and just cannot get enough of it. She also is rolling around and geez, is she ever good at it. She desperately wants to crawl but not yet. (which honestly, I am relieved about. In a way I want her to crawl because of development, you want we all want our kids to progress but for me, for my own selfish reasons, I really do not want three mobile kids. Thinking about it makes my head explode like on cartoons when they turn into thermometers and get angry, except I am a stress one.)

I'm not sure what else to say about our little girl. She is honestly such a happy smiley little one which is wonderful. She sits unassisted. She loves stuffed animals and any toys that rattle. She sleeps through the night which is also wonderful. Once I read this blog that talked about how your kids are only babies for a little while and you should embrace and appreciate all that entails, including waking up during the night with them. Well kudos to you author-mom but I want to throw a party when my kids start sleeping through the night. I do NOT appreciate being woken up 4 times a night. I do NOT appreciate stumbling down the stairs half asleep to make a bottle or trying to adjust my shirts so my kid can nurse. I do it. I'll cuddle the little ones. I get up with my toddlers and fix hurts and change sheets. I always will. For as long as they need me to but man oh man, it's so much better when I don't have to. Maybe that makes me a bad mom, maybe so openly admitting this makes me someone that the internet would hate but whatever man. I like sleep.  

My only issue with Natalie is I just cannot think of a good nickname. I love nicknames. Maybe Alie? Or Lee? Or some shortening of her hawaiian name. I just don't know. All I know is I don't like Nat or Natty. I just don't know. I'mma think of something though.

Here are some delightful pictures of our darling little girl, whatever we call her.

This is Natalie and Hayden, her closest cousin. Only 3 weeks apart but Hayden is way bigger.





I just love headbands. We have a bunch but her hear is growing and now a lot of them don't fit.

Not sure she really loves the water like her brothers but she handles it like a champ.




I love this face.

Making cookies with the family. (more of these pictures to come)



Isn't she just beautiful? We sure do like her over here.


These pictures are obviously not in any particular order


face plant tummy time. She is much better at this now. It was cute though when she would stick her legs up in the air and bury her face in the blanket. The boys didn't do that like she did.

The boys really adore her. They kiss her, hug her, lay with her. It's so fun.



No joke for the first 3 months probably if we put her down, she screamed. And by we I mean me. Unless she was sleeping she pretty much cried if she was with anyone else. That was not great. Poor Jake had such a hard time with it. Like he says, "I liked her just fine but she had a big problem with me."
Well that's the last of the Logan children. We love them so much and are so glad that we get to be their parents. We truly are a happy family and I am so grateful for the opportunity we have to raise them.


Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot even tell you how warm it makes my heart that I got a picture in all three of your special blogs about your kids. I miss you all terribly and am so happy to be called Auntie Shelly (or Ahn Csh). Love you all.

    ReplyDelete