Thursday, October 2, 2014

Favorite Time of the Year

I love fall. L-O-V-E! Love it.
It's beautiful. The colors, the smell of the chill in the air. Ah. Excellent.
I love sweaters and scarves and socks and boots.
I love hot chocolate and stew and soup and cinnamon rolls.
(I realize you can eat/drink all of those anytime but there is something about this time of the year that makes me want them. Like how I want strawberries all the time in summer)
I love poppies and "In Flanders Fields."
I love turkey and stuffing and cranberries.
I love the decorations and colors
I love potatoes and gravy and rolls.
I love watching conference in my pjs and eating cinnamon rolls and m&m's (everyone has their traditions right?)
I love staying up to midnight snacking on Chinese food.
I love making sure all my kids (and Jake and I) have their hair washed on December 31.
I love Christmas trees.
I love presents.
I LOVE nativities.
I love Christmas movies (especially on Hallmark)
I love the idea of fresh starts.
I love the good memories of the past year and the promise of more to come.
I love cheese covered in wax. (shout out to Grandma Elaine.)
I love stockings and new pajamas.
I love pumpkins and paper bats and witches and ghosts.
I love candy. (keep it real folks, keep it real)
I love that Christmas is probably the one day of the year that I talk to everyone in my family.
I love big breakfasts.
I love sweet potatoes and pumpkin pies.
I love candy canes, but only the mint ones (sorry Jeff, I know you love the other flavors)
I love The Night Before Christmas.
I love Mickey's House of Villians.
I love watching all the Harry Potter movies over Thanksgiving week,
I love watching my kids eyes get wide when they open their presents.
I love SNOW!
I love the smell of winter.
I love Temple Square lights. And the Thanksgiving Point lights.
I love special Christmas church clothes.
I love singing Christmas hymns all of December.
I love that since I am Canadian I can put up my tree as early as I want because Canadian Thanksgiving is in October so I am not skipping a holiday.
I love scarecrows and hay bales.
I love rice krispie trees.
I love gingerbread houses.
I love haunted chocolate houses.
I love corn mazes and pumpkin patches.
I love it all! I could go on forever.

Starting in October, we have General Conference, then Canadian Thanksgiving, then my birthday, then Halloween, then Remembrance Day, then American Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then New Years. It's just the best.
Really. I am always so happy this time of year. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment