Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy 25th Birthday Jake!

It was Jake's birthday on Friday and I got really excited about it, which is strange because in general, I really am not a fan of birthdays but you know, things change I suppose.

On friday all we really did was have a little party at work and then I gave him his presents.

This is Jake holding his 3 favorites- an external harddrive encasing, Enchanted, and an eBay giftcard.
This is a picture of all his presents! I will list them because it might be hard to tell from just the picture: a pair of plaid shorts, a pair of black dickies shorts, 4 ties, 3 shirts (only 2 in this picture because he is wearing one), a pair of basketball shorts, new shoes (that is the gift I was most excited about), 5 books: Magicians Apprentice and Master, and the DragonLance Chronicles, an eBay giftcard, Enchanted, and two external harddrive encasings. Oh yeah, and a new belt.


And here he is wearing his new shirt and bball shorts with all his presents. Oh, and there is a card from his grandma, sister Eliza, and his mom and dad. :D I am quite pleased with the things I got him and he seems to be as well- although even if he wasn't, I am not convinced he would tell me.

Then on Saturday, we went to the nickelcade for two hours- bleh, I don't really like it there, it always smells bad and I just suck at games. But its one of Jake's favorite places in Utah so that happened. We got like 1200 tickets but we are saving up for... Monopoly I think. (It will turn out to be the most expensive board game ever). After the nickelcade we went out for All You Can Eat Sushi at Sakura and I LOVED it! We definitely ate enough to make it worth it and truth be told, after like 12 rolls, I probably still could've eaten more but Jake was done. And then we finished off the night with The Green Lantern, a movie that I enjoyed more than I thought I would.

And then today we had his birthday feast! We made ribs, rice, corn and cornbread muffins and we had cake with cookie dough ice cream.

This weekend was definitely exhausting but I am so glad that we got to celebrate Jake together. He is just so great and I don't know anyone who would say different. But don't just take my word for it- if you don't know him, you should. (He is a little awkward at first, but after a little bit its quite endearing) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment